GARAGE CONVERSION AUDIT
STRUCTURAL LOFT CONVERSION AUDIT
PRE-PURCHASE FEASABILITY CONSULTATION
STEEL WORK CONNECTIONS
INTERIOR MINOR ALTERATIONS
CDM & ASSOCIATED REPORTS
HEALTH & SAFETY REPORTS
3D MODELLING (from)
SOIL INVESTIGATION REPORTS
AIR PRESSURE TESTING
BUILDING CONTROL APPLICATIONS
AIR TIGHTNESS TESTING
SOUND INSULATION TESTING
PART F VENTILATION TESTING
RENEWABLE ENERGY ADVICE & INSTALL
THERMOGRAPHIC SURVEYS & TESTING
CODE FOR SUSTAINABLE HOMES
PART G WATER CALCS
DOMESTIC EPC’S FOR LANDLORDS & HOMEOWNERS
How many times did you happen to not know where the cold air came from when you checked all the time that everything was closed? Believe it or not, almost 30% of the heat in a home is lost through windows that are not efficient because they have only one pane and do not seal properly. Installing double-pane windows would significantly reduce that percentage and also reduce your energy bills.
What double-pane windows are exactly?
Double-pane or dual-pane windows have two sheets of glass in the window frame, not just one, so the main difference with single-pane windows is their structure. Between the glass panels is a small space to provide insulation that is valuable during extremely cold seasons. The small space between the windows is filled with insulation gas (argon) to maximize the insulation properties. Often, double-pane windows are about 30% more efficient than traditional single-pane windows. Their shelf life is highly variable and may surprise you - they can last from 8 to 20 years.
The great part about talking about these windows is that you don't have to sacrifice aesthetics for energy efficiency with dual windows. The double-pane window style and design options are numerous and you can choose from many popular styles such as double-hung windows, casement, and sliding windows. Also, many garden doors offer double pane technology to ensure maximum energy efficiency from such a large opening. Whether you want to upgrade the windows in your kitchen, the children's bedroom, or your entire home, double-glazed windows are the right choice if you want to make your home not only nicer but more comfortable.
What are the benefits of double-pane windows?
• It is environmentally friendly. No matter what type of heat source you use to heat your home, double-pane windows limit the need for it to be used frequently, thus contributing to the planet in addition to reducing your costs. When you do not use as much heat, you burn fewer fossil fuels and reduce greenhouse gas emissions - and thus reduce your carbon footprint.
• They are affordable. Although many opt for single-pane windows because of the low purchase price, these types of windows will cause the homeowner to spend a lot more on utilities in the long run than if he installed double- pane windows.
• They are safer. Double-pane windows have a significant locking mechanism and their tight seal prevents intruders from breaking through the structure to get into your house, and it's also much harder to break them when impacted.
• They reduce condensation. Moisture accumulation during cold months shows how ineffective the windows are in preventing heat transfer and this can lead to mould problems. With double-pane windows, you won't have any problems like this.
• They reduce noise. Excessive noise, wherever it originates, at multiple levels can be problematic. You won't hear loud neighbours or traffic if you set up double-pane windows. The two layers of glass offer isolation from the outside world so you and your family can stay calm.
• They add value to a home. For potential sales, these windows will be important to you because a prospective buyer might just decide on your home for them, so you will also see a return on your investment this way.
Style of double-pane windows
As we mentioned, double-pane windows come in all types of styles, materials, and designs so you can find the right choice for each house. Almost all companies producing such windows in the production use vinyl, aluminium, wood, clad wood, and fibreglass. All of these materials are available in a variety of styles, including the following: