GARAGE CONVERSION AUDIT
STRUCTURAL LOFT CONVERSION AUDIT
PRE-PURCHASE FEASABILITY CONSULTATION
STEEL WORK CONNECTIONS
INTERIOR MINOR ALTERATIONS
CDM & ASSOCIATED REPORTS
HEALTH & SAFETY REPORTS
3D MODELLING (from)
SOIL INVESTIGATION REPORTS
AIR PRESSURE TESTING
BUILDING CONTROL APPLICATIONS
AIR TIGHTNESS TESTING
SOUND INSULATION TESTING
PART F VENTILATION TESTING
RENEWABLE ENERGY ADVICE & INSTALL
THERMOGRAPHIC SURVEYS & TESTING
CODE FOR SUSTAINABLE HOMES
PART G WATER CALCS
DOMESTIC EPC’S FOR LANDLORDS & HOMEOWNERS
Do you ever feel (even though you love your family infinitely) like you just want a moment of solitude? Undoubtedly, they sometimes feel that way too.
You will eventually want to adjust the space for different purposes, especially if we’re talking about a workspace that often requires it beyond your will.
A partition wall is a vertical divider and it could be a single wall or a partition. It comes in different materials: bricks, glass, plaster, metal, wood… There are many options. The partition wall consists of a frame of wood or metal studs attached to the floor, ceiling, and walls which are then covered with plasterboard. When you decorate a new wall, it will look like it has always been a part of the space you are renovating.
There are many advantages of building a partition wall: it provides privacy to the inhabitant of sound and sight, they are cheap and it can be easily constructed in any position.
So, if you realized that this is the right thing for you, here are just a few of the most interesting ways to get your partition wall.
1. Brick partition wall
This is the most commonly seen and economical version of partition walls. There are three options for a brick wall:
• Plain brick partition wall: Building a partition wall made of ordinary bricks is the most cost-effective way of installing this type of partition in your home. The height of such construction should be 2m and 10cm thick. Such walls have many advantages such as fire resistance or sound insulation.
• Reinforced brick partition wall: This partition wall is similar to the previous type, but it is much stronger due to the installation of reinforcement. This kind of partition wall is used when it has to withstand other loads.
• Brick nogging partition wall: The bricks on this partition wall are usually straight, but they can also be laid on the edge. Bricks are plastered on both sides. The biggest advantage of this kind of partition wall is that the wooden frame provides stability against lateral loads and vibrations caused by adjacent doors and windows.
2. Glass partition wall
Glass partition walls are most commonly used for dividing offices and work environments. Not only is the workspace constantly lit and creating a comfortable work atmosphere, but this way of "separating" space is also part of the organization's business culture and enhancing visual contact among employees and clients, so they will appreciate seeing who they work with. Also, glass partitions are less permanent and more mobile solution than any other.
An aluminum-framed glass partition wall is an almost simple installation and in addition to offices, it can also be used in homes. The other option is glass walls which create the airiest of working environments.
3. A wood wool partition wall
The wooden wool partition wall is made of long tangled wooden fibers that are coated and bonded together with cement or plaster.
In addition to being a great thermal and sound insulator, they are 100% eco-friendly, they are easy and safe to handle, safe to cut and work with, compatible with all normal construction materials and comfortable for people sensitive to allergies.
4. Plywood and Fiberboard Partition Wall
Plywood is a very common solution for separating space in homes. It is a cheaper variant and can be painted in any color you want or cover in the same way as it is on plastered surfaces.
Advantage of plywood is its lightweight because it is easy to construct but this type of partition wall is not for wet areas and is not a particularly good sound insulator.
5. Portable partition wall
These movable folding partitions are a practical thing if you intend to temporarily partition different rooms (with the majority being made with wheels) and they give you the possibility of easy storage. This way you can create a corner to work, study, or have classrooms or meeting rooms in an existing space. Such dividers are used everywhere: in homes, offices, hotels, churches or schools.